Export / Import Agent - Biopharma
About the job
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At our client, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, they are united in their responsibility to create healthier futures. Join them and Apply today!
Their commitment to People, Quality and Innovation means they deliver career opportunities that few others can match. From their beginnings 50 years ago couriering time sensitive high importance documents to today’s cutting edge logistics solutions for Cell & Gene Therapies that save lives, they now have over 3,000 employees at 140 offices in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for communication and contact with customers and prospects:
- File and job creation and operational follow-up of shipments: pick-up, packaging, customs, airfreight, dispatching, delivery
- Communication with suppliers and contacts involved: drivers, airlines, customs
- Inter Company communication: colleagues from Operations or Customer Service and other departments such as Sales and Administration, other international offices
The core working hours for the successful candidate will be Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day between 08:00 and 18:00. Voluntary overtime is available both on weekdays and weekends.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Communication and contact with customers and prospects.
- Develop customer relationships
- Plan and execute shipment orders
- Prepare and submit written quotes to customers
- Provide customer specific reporting
- Be a key player in booking and cutting waybill
- Receive and reply to enquiries via email, phones and throughout our internal IT system
- Monitor and track ongoing shipments, react to any deviations
- Communicate temperature results asap after delivery, check and note any deviations.
- Work with regulations (ADR/DGR/IATA) as well as with local laws and guidelines
- Build and maintain relationships with other offices, clients, agents, airlines, handling agents and suppliers
What your background should look like
Experience And Educational Requirements
- Be fluent in French, Dutch and English (other languages are benefit but not essential)
- Have gained experience in the logistics sector (Freight forwarder, other Courier Company, Airline, handling agent, pharmaceutical company, etc.) is preferred. Customer service experience in other business to business industries, with consultative and problem solving skills will be considered
- Provide strong organisational skills and pay attention to detail
- Resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Have an in depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and other IT programs
What our client offers
They offer competitive total rewards compensation. Their commitment to their associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across their associate population.
Throughout their global footprint and various business units, they take a balanced approach to the benefits they offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our client is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.